Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Yes . my wife ons a home in florida then she received

Customer Question
yes hello. my wife...
yes hello. my wife ons a home in florida then she received oder setting residential foreclosure non jury trial and directing pretrial procedures for june 30 2015 in florida,
my question is if i can buy a motor home to living in full time because i think is best way as seniors we are only to live. plus our medical problems can i? thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
RealEstateAnswer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. Are you on the loan or is it solely in her name? Are you named in the proceedings as well, since you are her spouse?
it is only in her name,sorry for late thank you
then can i buy a travel tráiler or motor home second hand before trial? or after,june 30,2015, or it is posible stayed at home for judde decisión?,
please email ***@******.*** your response thank you
Thank you for the additional information. There is nothing wrong with buying the mobile home, if you can find a lender to finance it, unless of course you are paying all cash. Seeing how she is the only named party in the foreclosure and on the note, a lender is not going to give her a loan or likely allow her to be on the loan. Since you said you are not on the loan, it should not directly effect you but since this is your wife, they may look/ask into this, which if they do, needs to be disclosed. Ideally, before any purchases are made, you would want to wait until after the foreclosure action. It is never good to be making a large purchase like that when you have a pending foreclosure action, as it may put the plaintiff on alert that you have money to spend and they may try and obtain a deficiency from her. As such, there is nothing wrong with you buying it if you can obtain it and want to live there but you should wait until a judgment is at least entered. When it is, a sale date will be set, so you should have 30-45 days before the sale and need to move out.