Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I would like to file against Wells Fargo under U.S. Fair Lending…

Customer Question
I would like to file...
I would like to file against Wells Fargo under U.S. Fair Lending Practices, rules and regulations. Can you tell me how to go about this?
***** *****
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/20/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is not going to be a simple undertaking for you if you do not use an attorney to represent you. We can try to help by answering specific questions and may even be able to provide you some guides and information to help you along, but we need to know the specific things you need to know, because what we cannot do is teach you the entire litigation process to do this within this forum.
So if you have specific questions about what you need to know and what you already know, we can start there and you can ask those and we can work to get you started.
I was more or less looking for contct informatin forthe government agency to contact to file a greivance against Wells Fargo under U.S. fair Lending Practices rules and regulations. I hope it is as simple as filing a greiance and gong from there. Do you have aency name and contact information?***** *****
Thank you for your reply.
It really is not as simple as you would like it to be. The Federal Trade Commission investigates lending regulations (http://www.ftc.gov). Also the Consumer Finance Protection Bureau investigates lending violations (http://www.consumerfinance.gov/). Finally, the US Federal Reserve investigates lending violation complaints (http://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/default.htm).
These are all the agencies who investigate lending regulation violations where you can file a grievance.