Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Richard,I received a violation from nyc dept. of housing

Customer Question
Hi Richard, I received a violation...
Hi Richard,
I received a violation from nyc dept. of housing preservation on 6-12 -15 at 1:30 pm for broken steps on my stoop. The violation was reported on sat may 30, 2015. On Thurday june 11 someone was measuring my stoop as told by a neighbor!
I awoke on Friday morning june 12 2015 at 10:30 AM to a contractor tearing apart my stoop! I stopped him and called the police to file a report since i didn't know at this point there was a violation. I received a note from the post office at 1:30 that day( sat june 12, 2015) saying there was a certified letter waiting for me to pick up at my local PO.
I went to HPD this morning for an explanation, all they said was fix and pay fine, your late????????\
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 3 days by:
6/23/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
The contractor has no legal right to touch your property and was acting unauthorized. If the contractor says he was sent by the city, that is a lie. You have a claim against the contractor AND the city for this infraction of your legal rights.
Moreover, you should request a hearing and report all of this to the judge at the hearing so that you can be compensated and the contractor punished.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Please accept this answer and rate it 4 or 5 and then accept the phone chat and we can get on the phone and discuss all. Thanks.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer