How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3675
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Richard,I received a violation from nyc dept. of housing

Customer Question

Hi Richard,
I received a violation from nyc dept. of housing preservation on 6-12 -15 at 1:30 pm for broken steps on my stoop. The violation was reported on sat may 30, 2015. On Thurday june 11 someone was measuring my stoop as told by a neighbor!
I awoke on Friday morning june 12 2015 at 10:30 AM to a contractor tearing apart my stoop! I stopped him and called the police to file a report since i didn't know at this point there was a violation. I received a note from the post office at 1:30 that day( sat june 12, 2015) saying there was a certified letter waiting for me to pick up at my local PO.
I went to HPD this morning for an explanation, all they said was fix and pay fine, your late????????\
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
The contractor has no legal right to touch your property and was acting unauthorized. If the contractor says he was sent by the city, that is a lie. You have a claim against the contractor AND the city for this infraction of your legal rights.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
Moreover, you should request a hearing and report all of this to the judge at the hearing so that you can be compensated and the contractor punished.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
Please accept this answer and rate it 4 or 5 and then accept the phone chat and we can get on the phone and discuss all. Thanks.

Related Real Estate Law Questions