Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

Im trying to locate info to add my parents to my house title. I am the parent trying to

Customer Question

Im trying to locate info to add my parents to my house title.
I am the parent trying to locate info
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
It's a pretty simple process. You simply need to sign a quit claim deed transferring whatever ownership percentage interest in the house you are transferring to them. The deed needs to be witnessed, notarized, and then recorded in the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. If you need a template for the deed, let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not transferring ownership I just want to add them along with me and my sister.Yes I would greatly appreciate the template.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you please send me the template
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No worries. I have provided it for you below. Sorry for the short delay...conference call. Thanks for your patience. :)
STATE OF _______________ )
) QUIT-CLAIM DEED
COUNTY OF __________ )
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS that ________________________., (hereinafter "Grantor") in consideration of the sum of One Dollar ($1.00) to the Grantor in hand paid at and before the sealing of these presents by _________________________________ (hereinafter called "Grantees"), the receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, has granted, conveyed, remised, released, and forever quit-claimed, and by these presents does grant, convey, remise, release and forever quit-claim unto Grantees, their heirs and assigns, all of its right, title and interest including any remainder interest, in the following described property:
[Property Description]
Together with all and singular the rights, hereditaments and appurtenances to said premises belonging or in anywise incident or appertaining; to have and to hold all and singular the premises before mentioned unto the Grantees, and the Grantees’ heirs and assigns forever, so that neither the said Grantor nor Grantor's successors and assigns, nor any other person or persons claiming under Grantor shall at any time hereafter by any way or means, have, claim or demand any right or title to the aforesaid premises or appurtenances, or any part or parcel thereof, forever.
WITNESS the Grantor's hand and seal this _____ day of ________________, 20__.
{Signatures appear on following page}
Signed, sealed and delivered in the [Grantor Signature Block]
presence of the following witnesses:
_______________________________
_______________________________
STATE OF ________________ )
) A C K N O W L E D G M E N T
COUNTY OF ___________ )
Subscribed, sworn to and acknowledged before me by ____________________, Grantor, this ________ day of ____________________, 20__.
(L.S.)
Notary Public for _____________
My commission expires: