How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a inground pool installed in my back yard,then I got

Customer Question

I had a inground pool installed in my back yard,then I got a design landscaper to so we could put do the land scaping, he laid a lot of block in my back yard and built anice size retaining wall and while doing that he installed round hard cardboard cyclinders inside the retaining wall so we could put up a privacy fence behind the seated wall he was going to put up. before he built the seated wall we had the fence installed , so he knew what was there well before he finished his job.. now the fence is all cockeyed and the drains he installed do not function right,water comes out the wall when you stick a garden hose in the drains. he says the problem is with the fence and hes not responsible.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
You may need to retain another contractor to act as a consultant/expert witness to give you a consultation and expert opinion regarding the cause of the problem. If it really is his fault, then you can sue him for breach of contract/negligence/breach of implied or actual warranty.
If he is correct, and the problem is the fence, you can sue the fencing installer for the same causes of action.
Your contractor that you hire for consultation can testify for you as an expert witness in your small claims case.