Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Construction company encroached on my property without permission adversely imapacting the

Customer Question
ground cover. The trunk...
Construction company encroached on my property without permission adversely imapacting the ground cover. The trunk created several deep ruts, disturbed the sod, and damaged flower beds. What recourse do I have to force the construction company to return my property to its original state.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/19/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Roger, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Roger, Lawyer
Hi - my name is Roger. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist. You would have the right to sue the construction company for negligence in damaging your property, and seek a judgment in the amount it will cost you to return the property to the way it was before the damage.
There could also be a civil trespassing claim which would make damages available, but the main claim would be a basic negligence action for property damage. It may be possible to file suit in small claims court depending on the amount you're going to need to be made whole.
Roger, Lawyer