Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

If a parcel of land is originally designated type of

Customer Question

If a parcel of land is originally designated for one type of use( construction of a street to access undeveloped land ) and subsequently the undeveloped land is designated as a green area, not to be developed, can the parcels of land originally designated for street construction, be designated for real estate development( residential )? If so what building codes,ordinances,etc apply to the newly designated parcels? Would the laws in effect at the time of the revised use designation be the controlling law or would the laws,ordinances,etc in effect at the time of the original filing be the controlling laws.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:
(A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This is repeated in numerous disclaimers throughout the site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me what state this is in?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.