Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If I want to fix something that is on my neighbors side of…

Customer Question
This is not a duplicate...
This is not a duplicate If I want to fix something that is on my neighbors side of the property and she is not allowing me to fix it how do i proceed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/18/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
What needs to be fixed? Is the situation causing damages to you? Can you explain a little more?
Roofing work needs to be done and they would need to go on her property.
Is this a shared roof?
Can you tell me how this impacted you?
This is not a shared roof. They would need to be on her property to fix a problem with my roof
Thank you very much for the clarification.
If your neighbor will not provide permission for necessary work to be performed that would negatively impact your property you would seek a court order that requires your neighbor to permit the repairs.
“An injunction is a court order requiring an individual to do or not do a specific action.” http://www.uslegalforms.com/injunction-forms.htm
Which county are you located in so I can provide a link for local attorneys that provide free consultations?
I see you have many open questions. The attorneys on the site only receive credit for their work if you rate their service positively.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney