Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I have an judgement against me with my son . It

Customer Question
I have an judgement against...
I have an judgement against me for signing with my son . It is a bank filing the judgement, but I got a letter that the president was being sued for over giving money for over appraising the house. We were promise a renewal on the loan but they called the loan we did I do not have the money not , the house has been sold, so my thinking they got there money on the house. What an I do?I am a senior citizen on a fixed income.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Hello. I am sorry to advise that the Senior status and fixed income does not affect the existence of the judgment; however, whether the bank can actually collect its judgment from you is a different matter. Also, if the house sold at a sheriff's sale, it depends on how much was bid for it. If the bid was for the full amount of the judgment then it would have been fully satisfied and you would owe nothing. Someone can review the foreclosure proceeding and tell you if there is a deficiency still owing or not.
I would have liked a lttle more information, do you know a lawywer in Atlanta, ga that would take the cas on contingrnce?
We are not permitted to refer our customers directly to other providers. If you enter a positive rating for this Answer, and wish me to send you a list of Atlanta lawyers, I will be happy to do so. However, you should be aware that lawyers do not take cases like yours on contingency fees. You would be expected to pay for their time in checking the case and advising you where you stand.