Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am in year 10 of a 15 year mortgage. Cancer and now half

Customer Question

I am in year 10 of a 15 year mortgage. Cancer and now half of an inch from foreclosure but the lien for the foreclosure is against the wrong property and not my actual property. In fact, the lien is against a Quitclaim Deed which is basically air with a short history. Can you buy me some time on the foreclosure with this screw up by the lender attorney? Do I really have to leave when they knock on my door since until this is straightened out by them? I know the intent but the paper trail and recorded liens are not on my property and they have title insurance on the quitclaim air. I am in Pender County, NC. Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
We here can answer your questions, but we cannot represent you as that would violate site rules. I can hopefully try to give you some ideas, but I cannot file anything on your behalf. Would that suffice?