How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased a townhouse daughter and grandson to live

Customer Question

I purchased a townhouse for my daughter and grandson to live in, in the state of Georgia.
My daughter and I had a verbal agreement that, I would pay mortgage, insurance and taxes but she would have to pay all utilities and the monthly HOA fee, and that there would be no
"live-ins." She has since taken up with a 21year old that has a criminal record in Georgia.
He is now living there without my consent and/or approval. She has threatened to not let me be a part of my grandson's life if I do anything to ruin her happiness.
Is it possible to have him removed and sited for trespassing?
I am concerned about "Squatters Rights," AKA: Adverse Possession.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Can you tell me who is on the deed to the property?
Is she honoring her agreement with you regarding paying her part?

Related Real Estate Law Questions