Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I purchased a townhouse daughter and grandson to live

Customer Question
I purchased a townhouse for...
I purchased a townhouse for my daughter and grandson to live in, in the state of Georgia.
My daughter and I had a verbal agreement that, I would pay mortgage, insurance and taxes but she would have to pay all utilities and the monthly HOA fee, and that there would be no
"live-ins." She has since taken up with a 21year old that has a criminal record in Georgia.
He is now living there without my consent and/or approval. She has threatened to not let me be a part of my grandson's life if I do anything to ruin her happiness.
Is it possible to have him removed and sited for trespassing?
I am concerned about "Squatters Rights," AKA: Adverse Possession.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/16/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Can you tell me who is on the deed to the property?
.
Is she honoring her agreement with you regarding paying her part?
.
.
thanks