Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My partner is selling his commercial property that he has in

Customer Question
a Tenants in common structure...
My partner is selling his commercial property that he has in a Tenants in common structure. About half of the investors want to do a 1031 exchange into another property. Can we purchase the other property in an LLC or do we have to purchase it in another TIC for the 1031 to be valid?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/15/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Irwin Law, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
You should be able to buy the replacement property as an LLC using the money from the TIC sale, as long as all other 1031 requirements are met.
I hope that this information is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating. That is the only way I will be compensated for assisting you. I will be happy to answer follow-up questions which relate to this one. Also, since we are not acting as your attorney be sure to confirm our information with a local attorney. Thanks for choosing JUST ANSWER.
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer