Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Me and my husband bought a house two yrs ago and we had a

Customer Question

Me and my husband bought a house two yrs ago and we had a survey done here recently because we needed to find out exactly where the property line was because there was questions after we put up our fence. The measurements looked totally different on the plot map that stated on our deed. There was suspicion that we are cheated out of feet on our property not sure how much yet. I'm guessing like 10/12+ what is our recourse? we also found out that our irrigation is on the neighbors property which it was already there when we moved in and not sure what to do about that. When we installed our fence we thought it was fine but it's actually on their property 1 foot. we have no yard on that side of our house. The builders who had it sold it and they stated it the set back should have been 10 feet yet they have it down as 5 which leaves nothing.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you provide me a bit more information? What you reference 10/12+, are you referring to inches or feet? How long as your irrigation been on your neighbor's property? How is your legal description on your deed and title policy described if there was no survey? Does the deed and title insurance include the land that you now discover you do not own? Thanks.