How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filled out a request conveyance and could not

Customer Question

I filled out a request for occupied conveyance and could not answer my income because being self-employed I didn't know if they wanted my earnings before deductions or after all my business deductions? They denied the claim stating I had not proved I had income. I had called and spoke with someone who told me to just put self-employed and they would call me with questions concerning my income. They never did and just denied my claim.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for requesting me.
Under FHA rules, an "occupant may appeal HUD’s decision within 20 days after the date of HUD’s notice. The appeal must be addressed to the Field Office Manager and be in writing, and the occupant may provide documentation intended to refute the reasons given for HUD’s decision. The occupant may also request an informal conference with a representative of the HUD Field Office Manager. A request for an informal conference must be made in writing within 10 days after the date of HUD’s notice. The occupant may be represented at the conference by counsel or by other persons with pertinent expert knowledge or experience." (
Thus, if you want to appeal, you need to act fast and get your appeal to the field office manager. You should be able to call and find out if there is a form for your area. If so, use it. If not, you can write a letter demanding an appeal.