Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

If you have a family member that you allowed to move into your…

Customer Question
If you have a family...
If you have a family member that you allowed to move into your home on a temporary bases so they can get on their feet, do I need to serve them in writing that they have to move? There is no legal documents, they do not pay any rent, nor contribute to the household. They had a job and supposed to be seeking work but have not acquired a job yet. They have children that they can go live with also I've allowed her son to stay temporarily who does work and is able to acquire a living space. I've given them until July 31st to move out and they have agreed but I'm concerned that they now feel they have a right to stay in my home without contributing anything. Should I give them some sort of document regarding our agreement for them to be moved by July 31st.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
How long has the person been living with you in total?
.
.
thanks