How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you have a family member that you allowed to move into your

Customer Question

If you have a family member that you allowed to move into your home on a temporary bases so they can get on their feet, do I need to serve them in writing that they have to move? There is no legal documents, they do not pay any rent, nor contribute to the household. They had a job and supposed to be seeking work but have not acquired a job yet. They have children that they can go live with also I've allowed her son to stay temporarily who does work and is able to acquire a living space. I've given them until July 31st to move out and they have agreed but I'm concerned that they now feel they have a right to stay in my home without contributing anything. Should I give them some sort of document regarding our agreement for them to be moved by July 31st.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
How long has the person been living with you in total?

Related Real Estate Law Questions