Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

If you have a family member that you allowed to move into your

Customer Question

If you have a family member that you allowed to move into your home on a temporary bases so they can get on their feet, do I need to serve them in writing that they have to move? There is no legal documents, they do not pay any rent, nor contribute to the household. They had a job and supposed to be seeking work but have not acquired a job yet. They have children that they can go live with also I've allowed her son to stay temporarily who does work and is able to acquire a living space. I've given them until July 31st to move out and they have agreed but I'm concerned that they now feel they have a right to stay in my home without contributing anything. Should I give them some sort of document regarding our agreement for them to be moved by July 31st.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
How long has the person been living with you in total?
.
.
thanks