Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I bought a home from a developer in 2012. at that time the

Customer Question
i bought a home from...
i bought a home from a developer in 2012. at that time the developer controlled the board. In Jan 2015 the developer turned over the HOA to an elected board of homeowner. the new board has threatened homeowners who do not have ARC approvals on landscaping to be fined. the developers management company approved landscaping changes, and other arch changes prior to the new board. Your comments thanx
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/11/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Lawyer
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
The new board cannot now take any action against you for actions that were approved by a prior board. These actions were approved at the time and the new board cannot retroactively take any action against you. In your situation, I would inform the board of the foregoing and let them know if they take any action against you, including any attempt to fine you, you will be filing suit against them seeking not only an injunction preventing them from taking any action against you, but also asking the court to award you actual and punitive damages against the board and the individual members for acting in bad faith and an arbitrary and capricious manner.
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!
Richard, Lawyer