Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Can the condo president ignore the docs and act on there own…

Customer Question
can the condo president ignore...
can the condo president ignore the docs and act on there own without a vote.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/11/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
A condominium president is bound by the documents. He has no authority to act other than what's provided by those documents, so they must be followed. If a condominium president has an issue with something written in the declaration or bylaws, then it's his obligation to bring it to the attention of the board to discuss if a change is appropriate.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Lucy, Esq., Lawyer