Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

Can the condo president ignore the docs and act on there own

Customer Question

can the condo president ignore the docs and act on there own without a vote.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.
A condominium president is bound by the documents. He has no authority to act other than what's provided by those documents, so they must be followed. If a condominium president has an issue with something written in the declaration or bylaws, then it's his obligation to bring it to the attention of the board to discuss if a change is appropriate.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.