Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My concern is not only about plumbing but also roofing. I…

Customer Question
My concern is not only...
My concern is not only about plumbing but also roofing. I had the roofing of my house because 4 years after I bought the house the leaks were all over the house. Now I'm beginning to notice water pooling on the crevices or space in between tiles in the
bathroom and kitchen areas.I was told that it's due to leaks in the pipe connection in the bathroom and kitchen. Can I charge my home insurance for the repair of these leaks? I haven't contacted my home insurance yet.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/10/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: J. Warren, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Hello my name is ***** ***** I look forward to providing you information. Please note:
(1) this is general information and is not legal advice. I never propose a specific course of action. There is no attorney-client relationship or privilege that is formed when communicating to an expert on this site. The site repeats this disclaimer numerous times. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and
(2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my reply while I am typing out my answer.
You can file a claim with a homeowner insurance policy for damage sustained due to leakage of pipes. However, be aware that most policies exclude damage if not as a result of unforeseen event but rather normal wear and tear. It will depend on your policy as to whether this is covered, but if the cost to repair is more then your deductible then it would make sense to see if the insurance company would cover the cost of the repair.
All my best & encouragement.
Kindly remember the only way experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on ok, good or excellent service even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. You must complete the rating for the expert to receive any credit. If, for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.
All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.