How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 116716
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in an rv park in a park model the parks electrical

Customer Question

We live in an rv park in a park model the parks electrical system lost a ground and fed 240 volts into our home which runs on 110 volts. our ac was damaged and water heater and several smaller items. Can we hold the rv park responsible?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the park's system caused damage to your property through being faulty, then they are liable for the damage caused unless you signed some written agreement to hold them harmless for any damage caused by their electrical hookup. So, if you did not sign any such waiver of liability, if their electrical hookup caused damage to your system because it was not properly working, then you can seek to pursue them for damages and if their insurance will not pay you, then you can sue them in small claims court for the damages and costs of repair/replacement.

Related Real Estate Law Questions