Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

We live in an rv park in a park model the parks electrical…

Customer Question
We live in an rv...
We live in an rv park in a park model the parks electrical system lost a ground and fed 240 volts into our home which runs on 110 volts. our ac was damaged and water heater and several smaller items. Can we hold the rv park responsible?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/10/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the park's system caused damage to your property through being faulty, then they are liable for the damage caused unless you signed some written agreement to hold them harmless for any damage caused by their electrical hookup. So, if you did not sign any such waiver of liability, if their electrical hookup caused damage to your system because it was not properly working, then you can seek to pursue them for damages and if their insurance will not pay you, then you can sue them in small claims court for the damages and costs of repair/replacement.