Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

May neighbor has a very loud refrigeration unit going on through

Customer Question

may neighbor has a very loud refrigeration unit going on through out the night every 15 minutes i live on a county road in suffolk county ny but its a private residence running this maybe a commercial refrieration unit. do i have any rights here
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Basically, the only real claim you may have is for a private nuisance, which is a situation where the neighbor is conducting activity that prevents you from the right to quietly and peacefully enjoy your property. The judge could order the neighbor to take action to curb the noise or to be respectful to you and only run it at certain times so it does not interfere with your quiet enjoyment.
Usually, there is a good medium out there that you can reach without going to court, but if your neighbor is uncompromising, that may be your only option.