LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

My client is buying a co-op. He has sent me the financials.

Customer Question

My client is buying a co-op. He has sent me the financials. What questions should be asked before purchasing
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The questions that a careful; buyer might ask are endless and should be based on having some knowledge of the co-op itself. As a general rule, issues such as fees, planned assessments and expenditures and compliance with reserves should be asked about. Insurance and what things the co-op insurance will provide to the buyer in the event of a claim needs to be investigated as well.

I could go on for hours but I won't. Instead I will give you a link to a couple of pages that I think have many well-thought-out questions that your buyer should have answered before the closing:

https://suite.io/denise-larson/55x428b

http://lifelaidout.com/2014/10/01/10-questions-ask-buying-nyc-co-op/

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug