How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask WiseOwl58 Your Own Question
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 3675
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
WiseOwl58 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In Europe the contracts an selling real estate property

Customer Question

In Europe the contracts for buying an selling real estate property eg: land are written by the notaries public.The notary public than register the transaction,which is then approved by a court,and kept in special Registration books.Such a practice is done in Romania,Poland and other European countries.Is it the only valid way to keep the ownership of a property eg agricultural,industrial land.Would a private contract written between the parties have a power to guarantee ownership?Could you please give me a referral to an expert-preferably associated with an academic institution
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If 2 written contracts are present,one hand written and signed by the parties.The other prepared in Gvt.Register office by a sworn notary public.Which one prevails .They carry different financial conditions,otherwise are formulated with similar languge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
I am associated with the Wharton School of Business. In order to ensure that the ownership is made official, it has to be approved by a court and entered into the property register. Therefore, in your case, the agreement does not have to be written by a notary, but it does have to be entered into the registry, otherwise it can be challenged by another party claiming to own the property.
Good luck to you. Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. I wish you all the best.

Related Real Estate Law Questions