Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

My homeowners insurance is paid thru my mortgage company.

Customer Question
I am late on my...
My homeowners insurance is paid thru my mortgage company. I am late on my payment. I need to file a claim. There have been several days of rain. My roof has fallen in, will I be covered?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
I am late on my mortgage payment.
6/9/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
It really depends on your policy.
In most cases, your policy will still be in place even if there are a few late payments (most insurance premiums are paid in advance, so for example, you pay 6 months worth of payments and the mortgage company makes a lump sum premium payment for half a year's coverage to your carrier).
You can contact the insurance carrier to check the status of your policy prior to making your claim.
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer