CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

My homeowners insurance is paid thru my mortgage company.

Customer Question

My homeowners insurance is paid thru my mortgage company. I am late on my payment. I need to file a claim. There have been several days of rain. My roof has fallen in, will I be covered?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am late on my mortgage payment.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
It really depends on your policy.
In most cases, your policy will still be in place even if there are a few late payments (most insurance premiums are paid in advance, so for example, you pay 6 months worth of payments and the mortgage company makes a lump sum premium payment for half a year's coverage to your carrier).
You can contact the insurance carrier to check the status of your policy prior to making your claim.