Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I sold my home, by owner, and the new owners refuse to transfer…

Customer Question
I sold my home, by...
I sold my home, by owner, and the new owners refuse to transfer the title. Both parties signed an agreement document.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/8/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Dear Customer, thank you for using our service. I would like to assist you today. Responses may have a short delay for review and research.
I apologize, I want to make sure I understand the issue above - you are the seller, and are having trouble with the buyer? (Usually as the seller, this would not be a problem, you would simply sign the title document (grant deed, warranty deed, or quit claim deed) and either record it with the County Recorder's office, or have the escrow company do it for you (preferred).
Usually these problems occur if you are the buyer and the seller is refusing to record title.
Tina, Lawyer