How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 55293
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 74 years old and plan on selling my home. In 2008 I

Customer Question

I am 74 years old and plan on selling my home. In 2008 I sold property in another state and paid federal and state income tax capitol gains tax) in Colorado where I reside. My question is: Is there a law that still is effect where I would not have to pay capital gains tax again if I now sold my home? Thought there was a law that state you have one time to NOT have to pay capital gains on property. *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you clarify your facts for me just a bit? Is the house you are selling now your principal residence? And, has it been for at least 2 years out of the preceding 5 years? Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I will be happy to discuss this with you by phone. I will have to do that through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. I'll extend that offer to you now. You should receive it shortly. I look forward to helping you.

Related Real Estate Law Questions