Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am 74 years old and plan on selling my home. In 2008 I…

Customer Question
I am 74 years old...
I am 74 years old and plan on selling my home. In 2008 I sold property in another state and paid federal and state income tax capitol gains tax) in Colorado where I reside. My question is: Is there a law that still is effect where I would not have to pay capital gains tax again if I now sold my home? Thought there was a law that state you have one time to NOT have to pay capital gains on property. *****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Richard, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Lawyer
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
Can you clarify your facts for me just a bit? Is the house you are selling now your principal residence? And, has it been for at least 2 years out of the preceding 5 years? Thank you!
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I will be happy to discuss this with you by phone. I will have to do that through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. I'll extend that offer to you now. You should receive it shortly. I look forward to helping you.
Richard, Lawyer