How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought some land in Hugo Ok. and it was in two pieces a 1

Customer Question

I bought some land in Hugo Ok. and it was in two pieces a 1 acre and a 1.5 acre, I got the deed from China Davis on the 1 acre and a deed on the other from China Davis but I have found out that that piece was in Andrew Wheeler and China Davis jointly. They won't take a call from me because of all the dirty stuff they have done. How can I get this fixed so I have a clear deed? Thanks, ***** ***** Stillwater OK
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately, the way to do this is somewhat complicated. The court action is a very specific legal claim called "quiet title" and is a procedurally complex suit, so you will want to hire an attorney to represent you (if you don't follow all the steps correctly, you don't get the judgment you need - so it is very important to have it done right).You can also file additional causes of action for fraud and breach of contract, and hopefully get a money damages judgment in the same suit if the facts warrant it.You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).