How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do we file a petition to be appointed in order to sell

Customer Question

How do we file a petition to be appointed in order to sell the property and where do we file such petition. In addition, the deceased son had 3 kids, who are still alive. So - will the executor have to be one of the deceased son's children? What if none
of the 3 children of the deceased want to get involved? Can any person, i.e. (sister-in-law of deceased - me) or a true sibling be able to obtain the petition to be appointed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
please email me response. Thank you ***@******.***
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apology. okay tnx
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer,I am sorry to learn of the loss of your son. What state was he living in at the time of his death? And was probate opened? (Meaning is there an open court case to resolve his estate)