Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Can I sue a broker if she causes me to lose my job? I work

Customer Question

can I sue a broker if she causes me to lose my job? I work for a real estate attorney and she was charged 2000.00 for cancellation of a closing because she set up a closing without bank clearance. She was told verbally that there would be this fee she verbally agreed to this and there were other people in my office that heard agree to the fee. Now she is saying I had no autorization. if I am fired can I sue her and my boss?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer.
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm trying to understand the situation a bit more. When you say "she was told" do you mean the attorney or the broker? What did the broker do that could cause you to lose your job? What authorization did you have or were you supposed to have here?