Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

State of Florida question re: real estate contracts. If the

Customer Question

State of Florida question re: real estate contracts. If the SELLER has contact with a potential BUYER who has expressed interest in a property during the term of the contract, but has not made an agreement in writing or verbally or transferred money to the SELLER for the property, and if subsequent to the contract termination (including the 30 day period which extends after the termination date of the contract) that person makes an agreement with the SELLER, is the SELLER liable for commissions to the original realtor for the property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Most likely no commission is due unless the broker made the introduction or the listing agreement provided otherwise.
I hope this is helpful. If you have any follow up questions feel free to post them. It is never a problem.
Thank you.