How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 117433
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My loan was with Countrywide and now I am with Bayview

Customer Question

My loan was with Countrywide and now I am with Bayview Servicer, since the case was already won by the DOJ why am I still being cheated and not getting a fair settlement offer?My husbands loan was with Countrywide, recently sent to Bayview for servicing, they have offered a modification too much for my take home pay and owing more than the original note basing it upon my income as a contributor. Next step they are pushing to sell in a short sale for much less according to the neighborhood. Considering the recent decision of the DOJ, I am seeking legal advice because according to the information I have read, my husband was clearly cheated by Countrywide, property should have been condemned. I had been dealing with BofA for the past three years. Originally, I was not allowed to be on the loan which was clearly part of the recent decision by the DOJ as a violation of rights.

Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you contacted the DOJ about the judgment, because if your loan was part of the lending discrimination suit they would be the one who has to assist on this? You are referring to the recent loan discrimination case settled by the DOJ, correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You have told me nothing, can you please at the least tell me who to contact at the DOJ, because Bank of America did not do there part in including me in this case and we were discriminated against because may husband was a minority borrower although not Black or Mexican, a Serbian immigrant and I was not allowed to be on the loan although California is a community property state.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

You are right, I did tell you nothing, I asked you a question because you did not tell me enough information and you have partially responded to my question aside from chiding me. In order to know the proper information to provide to customers, sometimes we need to go back and forth to get the sufficient detail to inform the customer properly.

If you are part of the discrimination suit from the DOJ v. Countrywide claim and you have not yet received your claim form, you need to contact the DOJ Housing and Civil Enforcement Section, in English or Spanish, by telephone at 1-***-***-**** (Press option "1," then option "96"), or by email at *****@******.***..

You need to deal with the DOJ though, since they are managing the settlement and to make sure that you have your claim in with them so that your situation is resolved and you need to do so soon because you need to meet the deadline for filing with them.