Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I would like to know what homeowners in a townhouse community…

Customer Question
I would like to know...
I would like to know what homeowners in a townhouse community can do to get the H0 to take care of homes and yards when the townhouse is empty. I was told be my association that they cannot take care rental prop. This leaves me in the midst of rentals not taken care of. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/3/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do the bylaws state about maintaining property in the HOA? That is the first thing you need to look at. Do they have a provision that says if the homeowner fails to abide by the bylaws and maintain their property that the association can charge for maintenance?