Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

How can I get my Deceased Wife's name off 6 houses I am the

Customer Question
Administrator...
How can I get my Deceased Wife's name off 6 houses I am the Administrator
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/3/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Ray, Lawyer
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you today.
Here if you are the sole heir the fiduciary deed would be from you as administrator to yourself individually.
You would complete the form, fill in the legal description and sign in front of a notary.The deed is then recorded in the county deed records where the property is located
Once this is done you would be the legal owner of the property.
Forms..
http://www.uslegalforms.com/ga/GA-SDEED-6.htm
You can preview these for free.You can use the same deed here for all the properties but they each require a separate deed here.
I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.
These are exempt from transfer fees because it is a fiduciary deed, law on that..
http://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2010/title-48/chapter-6/article-1/48-6-2
Thanks again.JA will email you our chat and these references when you positive rate.
Ray, Lawyer