How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We signed a seller purchase agreement in Washington state (

Customer Question

We signed a seller purchase agreement in Washington state ( no real estate agent ) and
now we are having second thoughts. Can we the sellers back out of this contract? We are
having what I call sellers remorse.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
What is the reason you wish to terminate the agreement? Is there a provision in the agreement providing for termination without good cause by the seller?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is nothing in the agreement to back out. I work out of my home and realize now that the new house we are buying
will not accommodate the lady that I take care of in our house so if we can't get out of this contract I'll move on and have
to rent a home besides the purchase of the new house.
Expert:  Tina replied 2 years ago.
I see. Thank you for sharing this additional information.
Even though the agreement does not have a provision permitting you to terminate it, if the buyer is willing to release you for a sum of money, that would be an alternative. It sounds as though you will be incurring very significant expenses if you are not released from the agreement, so I would make an offer to the buyer to pay them some amount in return for a signed release.
If they do not agree, they could pursue damages against you for breach of contract or seek to force you to perform under the agreement.
I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!