How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RealEstateAnswer Your Own Question
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 28356
Experience:  10+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
RealEstateAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a business partner that didn't put any money in purchasing

Customer Question

I had a business partner that didn't put any money in purchasing my property. I have paid it all, and I was and still am the owner of the property. At one point in time (2 years ago) I did a mistake and transfered the ownership to a corporation in which we were supposed to be partners because I believed his lies. When I saw that he didn't bring any re-finance money from the bank and that it was all fraud, I transfered the dead back to myself - and I am the legal owner.
He has submitted a claim to the court against my action of reversing the dead transfer. ever since he is getting into the building, changing the locks, trying to lease the aprtments to new tenants (he presents the old dead and claims he is the owner).
My question is, can I get a trespassing action against him? he is doing whatever he wants in my property and creates a lot of damage. What aid can I seek from the law?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. At this point, if he is entering the property and doing this which he should not and potentially causing irreparable harm, you could try and get a temporary injunction against him and ask the Judge to order that he not be allowed into the property or conduct any business on its behalf, until the matter is decided. Moreover, if he has no legal right at this time to it or to be allowed in or on it, then you can call the police next time he is there and ask that he be removed. It will be up to the police to arrest and charge him. Once they hear his version of the story, they may say it is a civil matter, which is why the injunction would be needed to keep him away.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 2 years ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!