Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Last September, I purchased a home in DR Horton's Orchid Grove…

Customer Question
Last September, I purchased a...
Last September, I purchased a home in DR Horton’s Orchid Grove development in Pompano Beach. It was supposed to be delivered in March, 2015. Due to delays in permitting and such the home is finally near completion and they want to schedule a walk through and closing before the end of June. During this delay information was almost nil regarding the completion of the home, despite numerous request for information. Now there is a rush to close without regard to my busy schedule during June (college graduation, business convention, birthdays, family reunion, medical procedures) which were commitments long before the closing date was set. No specific date has been set, but the powers that be insist it will be closed before the end of June, even though it is not a convenient time for me. Am I stuck?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
6/2/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Did you sign any addendums or amendments indicating that you agreed to a June 30th closing date? When would you like to close?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Thanks for the response, but it arrived a little late. I was able to resolve the issue successfully on my own. I'm disappointed that it took so long to get an answer.Larry C