Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My landlord neglected to inform his attorney that I had made payment as agreed prior to th

Customer Question

My landlord neglected to inform his attorney that I had made payment as agreed prior to the hearing. Is it possible for him to stop the writ of restitution being filed? I also was not provided notification of the judgement for 4 days after.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Are you saying that a forcible detainer (eviction) case was filed against you, but you paid everything due prior to the hearing?
.
And the attorney for the landlord went ahead and got a judgment against you for eviction?
.
Did you attend the court hearing for the case?
.
.
thanks