Real Estate Law

Connect one-on-one with a verified real estate lawyer who will answer your question

Barrister, Lawyer

More related answers
All real estate lawyers are VERIFIED
What is the meaning of Fl statute 718.113 (5) (c) when it
Ray, Lawyer
What is the meaning of Fl statute 718.113 (5) (c) when it states that the board may "operate" shutters, impact glass etc without owner permission under the conditions set forth? Does this obviate the … read more
I live in a 256 unit condominium. 6 years ago the Home
KLAW
KLAW, Juris Doctorate
I live in a 256 unit condominium. 6 years ago the Home Owner's association drafted a complicated legal Resolution to have Hurricane proof windows installed which at the beginning was totally voluntary… read more
I had a window break due to a storm. My condo association replaced
Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Doctoral Degree
I had a window break due to a storm. My condo association replaced the broken window and another window. Shortly after I noticed that the windows were leaking and bugs were coming through. By this tim… read more
Is there a section of the Florida condominium law that address
Ray, Lawyer
is there a section of the Florida condominium law that address the right of a owner to repair the common area of his unit an seek reimbursement from the condo association?… read more
I live in a 30-year old condo on the beach. All our windows
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
I live in a 30-year old condo on the beach. All our windows are a bronze tint. Because our docs are 30 years old, the specs reference products that are no longer available. The owners who have replace… read more
Question is referencing Homeowner's Insurance pertaining to
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Question is referencing Homeowner's Insurance pertaining to a condo. The state of residence is Virginia. I have personal insurance thru Nationwide that covers halls, walls and personal property within… read more
Per FL law may a condo association make an owner replace 1970s
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Doctoral Degree
Per FL law may a condo association make an owner replace 1970's originally installed windows in to hurricane proof resistant windows? Are the existing windows part of the building thus under repair & … read more
I would like to install a Miama-Dade hurricane approved door
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I would like to install a Miama-Dade hurricane approved door in my fourth-floor condo in Pompano Beach. However, all the doors in this condo have eight lights (indentations in the door) and two instal… read more
I own a condo with a monthly HOA fee. They recently raised
Loren, real estate lawyer
I own a condo with a monthly HOA fee. They recently raised our fees which are for the upkeep of the building and grounds. The board recently decided to implement a move in/move out fee of $150, $300 t… read more
I live in a 2 story, 10 unit condo in eastern Palm Beach County
Richard, Owner
I live in a 2 story, 10 unit condo in eastern Palm Beach County Florida. I was on the board but recently resigned as the current board does not do what is in the best interest of the association in my… read more
My husband and I purchased a condo. There were a couple of
Lucy, Esq., Juris Doctor
My husband and I purchased a condo. There were a couple of condos in this association but one of the things that attracted us to buying this one was the stain glass window in the entry. A few weeks af… read more
We own a condo in Oregon. The condo association through a
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Managing Attorney
We own a condo in Oregon. The condo association through a management firm wants to bill us for slate removal from an exterior deck that occured when certain new general improvements were made to all u… read more
In Towamencin Twp. Montgomery County, PA A sudden and violent
MShore Law
MShore Law, Doctoral Degree
In Towamencin Twp. Montgomery County, PA A sudden and violent wind and rain storm shattered both double glass panes in my patio sliding door in July, 2010, at or about 8:00 P.M. I hustled to our nearb… read more
I live in a condo. I would like to replace my existing windows
Infolawyer, Lawyer
I live in a condo. I would like to replace my existing windows to Anderson windows which are energy efficient and safer. The replacement windows would be the same color and have the same grill pattern… read more
I live in 5 unit condo complex in Washington state with a 3
Law Pro, Doctoral Degree
I live in 5 unit condo complex in Washington state with a 3 member board. My unit is the largest and I'm responsible for most of financial liabilities for the condo complex. I am not on the board and … read more
Our condo rules state Installing, at his discretion, hurricane
FLACORPLAWYER
FLACORPLAWYER, Doctoral Degree
Our condo rules state "Installing, at his discretion, hurricane shutters. These shutters are permitted to be installed not more than seven (7) days prior to issuance of a tropical storm and/or hurrica… read more
In Jan. of 2008, I made an honest mistake by installing replacement
Infolawyer, Lawyer
In Jan. of 2008, I made an honest mistake by installing replacement vinyl windows in my townhouse based on a verbal approval of the property manager. The issue includes a violation of the CC&R's, conf… read more
Several years ago an owner of a unit in my condominum ...
Flagbridge-RE
Flagbridge-RE, Principal Consultant
Several years ago an owner of a unit in my condominum complex installed a window that does not conform to the styles of other windows in the complex. Now, years later, the HOA Board wants to force the… read more