Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

My mom got lis pendens hoa fees (she's been unemployed).

Customer Question
my mom got lis pendens...
my mom got lis pendens for unpaid hoa fees (she's been unemployed). Can she go to attorney and pay the fees or does she have to go to court
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/30/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
RealEstateAnswer
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.
Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If she now has the money and can cure and pay the past due HOA fees along with any additional costs, then she can contact the attorney, advise them of the same and make the payment. Now, if there is a court case pending and the HOA is trying to foreclose, then she needs to make sure when she contacts the attorney and pays, that they agree to dismiss the cause of action. This way, the case is closed out and the lis pendens will be released.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!