Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Our condominium association is divided into two sections each…

Customer Question
Our condominium association is divided...
Our condominium association is divided into two sections each provided with a trash bin. Individuals are using the bins and worse are drooping off furniture, tires, grills, etc. along side the bins causing a tremendous unsightly area nearly at the front doors of our units.
Can a sign of $100 dollars be posted to discourage this activity and can a film of the activity which identifies a license tag number be used to notify the offender of the fine?
Thank You
Richard Brady
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/30/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
The sign may be posted if the bylaws of the association provides for fines for improper dumping. If the bylaws do not permit fines you may not post the threat.
Video taping the area is legal so long as a sign is posted and there is no audio recording.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.