How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 33505
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our condominium association is divided into two sections each

Customer Question

Our condominium association is divided into two sections each provided with a trash bin. Individuals are using the bins and worse are drooping off furniture, tires, grills, etc. along side the bins causing a tremendous unsightly area nearly at the front doors of our units.
Can a sign of $100 dollars be posted to discourage this activity and can a film of the activity which identifies a license tag number be used to notify the offender of the fine?
Thank You
Richard Brady
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a Florida licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
The sign may be posted if the bylaws of the association provides for fines for improper dumping. If the bylaws do not permit fines you may not post the threat.
Video taping the area is legal so long as a sign is posted and there is no audio recording.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.