Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

Who does a member report malfeasance in the condo association…

Customer Question
Who does a member report...
Who does a member report malfeasance in the condo association board
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/30/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Dimitry Esquire, Attorney replied 3 years ago
Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Hello and thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.
Where you may need to start is with the Missouri Secretary of State. This is the department that approves and regulates HOAs in Missouri both in terms of following procedure and filing their proper tax returns. Ultimately, however, there is no oversight over HOAs...if you feel that the HOA is in breach of their fiduciary duty to you and to other members, you can go to court and file directly against them, claim that they are in breach, and seek damages.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.