Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

Ok 2nd part to my question What happens if he doesn't

Customer Question
Ok 2nd part to my question What...
Ok
2nd part to my question
What happens if he doesn't move out in 3 days. Can I legally move his stuff out for him and change the locks or is there a court process that I must go through
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/29/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Attyadvisor, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.
Unfortunately you have to go through the court process. So the only real benefit you get is being able to provide a three day notice as opposed to a 30 or 60 day.
http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/landlordbook/terminations.shtml
I wish you could just change the locks, however, that would place the tenant in the position of being able to sue you. Hopefully this person will leave within the three days as it sounds as though they don’t need any more trouble than they are already appear to be in.
"Hopefully this person will leave within the three days as it sounds as though they don’t need any more trouble than they already appear to be in."
Sorry for the typo.
Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
The attorneys on the site do not receive credit for assisting you if the customer does not rate us positively.
Thank you for your consideration.
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney