Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

In December 2010 My mom Did a parent to child transfer claim…

Customer Question
In December 2010 My mom...
In December 2010 My mom Did a parent to child transfer claim and put her fully owned home in her and my name Located in Pomona , CA LA County. The Deed now says :
For a NONE Valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby Acknowledged, ( Gift)
Ruthie Mae Houston
Hereby grants to: ***** ***** Houston & Steven P. Houston the following real property
Then it gives the Lot number and all other info on the location of the property resgistered at the county recorder's office.
My question is does this indicate joint tenancy , with rights of survivor-ship, or Tenancy in Common
you can also reach me at(###) ###-#### ***** houston
Thanks in advance
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
5/29/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Loren, Lawyer
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
No, absent a specific statement in the grant that the grantees are taking title as joint tenants, it is tenants in common.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.