LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

My house is not in foreclosure.i am in the middle of escrow

Customer Question

my house is not in foreclosure.i am in the middle of escrow now selling house my mortgage holder is a private individual,she hired an attorny for my other house because of insurance covered water damage now she's trying to add her attorney fees into the sale of the one house which is separate from the one with insurance damage this can't be legal i called them on it they admitted to it and have lowered the fees from 7000.down to 2 500 . still i think it should be 0
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.
Quite simply, unless there is a judgment against you relating to the other property held by your private lender, then they are not entitled to assert any claim against the sale of your present property which relates to any claimed debt on the other property.
They are entitled to no money from your sale of this property that isn't directly related to this property.
You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.
Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.
I wish you and yours the best in 2015,
Doug