How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ray Your Own Question
Ray, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 42860
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Ray is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The railway company tore out 750 feet of my fence which had

Customer Question

The railway company tore out 750 feet of my fence which had been standing for 30 years, along with all of the trees on both sides of my fence, alongside my driveway, demolishing my property line and eliminating my sound/dirt barrier against the railroad. What legal recourse, if any, do I have?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. I am Ray and will be the expert helping you tonight.
I am so sorry they did this to your property.You may consider suing them in small claims.The limits here in Oklahoma are $7,500 and you can do this yourself without a lawyer.
More information on filing that yourself here
You will need to find out who their agent is for service of process, every corporation has one.
You can call the Secretary of State here and get this.
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 101, State Capitol
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma###-##-####
(###) ###-####
You may be able to locate this online.
You should get estimates here, send a demand letter for this amount to their agent give them 14 days to pay or you will sue them in small claims.
This is the means to seek recovery for your losses.
I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.