CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I bought a manufactured home from greg tilleys in gonzales

Customer Question

i bought a manufactured home from greg tilleys in gonzales louisiana. i found two models of the same house and combined details from each to get the house to my liking. in the specs to both models the ceilings were listed as 9 foot ceilings. we never discussed changing the ceilings at all . without us noticing they put 8 1/2 foot ceilings on the last spec sheet which we didn't even think to check bc none was too to do so. they did it on their own without approval. When i noticed i called them and they said they took it upon themselves to save us money. what can i do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Send them a demand letter to change it back - this is breach of contract.If they fail to correct it, then you are entitled to sue them in small claims court for failure to perform as agreed upon (they cannot unilaterally change the terms (even if they are doing so to save you some money).
Keep written records of all communications - so if you speak to someone by phone, promptly send a follow up "confirmation letter" summarizing your conversation, who you spoke to, when, and any agreements you reached. Keep copies of your outgoing correspondence, as well as anything that you rece