Real Estate Law

Have Real Estate Law Questions? Ask a Real Estate Lawyer.

Real Estate Law

I bought a manufactured home from greg tilleys in gonzales

Customer Question
louisiana. i found two models...
i bought a manufactured home from greg tilleys in gonzales louisiana. i found two models of the same house and combined details from each to get the house to my liking. in the specs to both models the ceilings were listed as 9 foot ceilings. we never discussed changing the ceilings at all . without us noticing they put 8 1/2 foot ceilings on the last spec sheet which we didn't even think to check bc none was too to do so. they did it on their own without approval. When i noticed i called them and they said they took it upon themselves to save us money. what can i do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/28/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Send them a demand letter to change it back - this is breach of contract.If they fail to correct it, then you are entitled to sue them in small claims court for failure to perform as agreed upon (they cannot unilaterally change the terms (even if they are doing so to save you some money).
Keep written records of all communications - so if you speak to someone by phone, promptly send a follow up "confirmation letter" summarizing your conversation, who you spoke to, when, and any agreements you reached. Keep copies of your outgoing correspondence, as well as anything that you rece
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer