Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I had a hoa lawyer file a lien in 2010 and he also garnished

Customer Question

I had a hoa lawyer file a lien in 2010 and he also garnished my wages. He has now charged me fees again. Can he charge me twice for filing? I do not have pay stubs anymore from back then as to how much a month he was garnishing my paychecks and was adding interest on the amount that was still being paid. The company I was working for has gone to a new system and is having a hard time finding it. Does he have to give my proof of the garnishments?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Was the lien paid off through the first garnishment order?
.
Or did the attorney have to file a second garnishment order?
.
.
thanks