Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I had a hoa lawyer file a lien in 2010 and he also garnished…

Customer Question
I had a hoa lawyer...
I had a hoa lawyer file a lien in 2010 and he also garnished my wages. He has now charged me fees again. Can he charge me twice for filing? I do not have pay stubs anymore from back then as to how much a month he was garnishing my paychecks and was adding interest on the amount that was still being paid. The company I was working for has gone to a new system and is having a hard time finding it. Does he have to give my proof of the garnishments?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/27/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
Was the lien paid off through the first garnishment order?
.
Or did the attorney have to file a second garnishment order?
.
.
thanks