How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was evicted last year and have a Judgement against me

Customer Question

hi. I was evicted last year and have a Judgement against me now. was wondering the a
statue of limitations of receiving my security deposit back or applying what I owe them with it. how do I go about trying to rent a new place? thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
Did you just see a judgment against you for $1550 or did you go to court and that is what the landlord sued you for?
Are you sure that the security deposit hasn't already been applied to the original amount due and the total amount was $2525?
How many months were you behind on rent?
How much was rent?
Were there any damages to the dwelling when you moved out?