How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need advice in Georgia dealing with a foreclosure that the

Customer Question

I need advice in Georgia dealing with a foreclosure that the notice seems to not follow the statute. I need a TRO but need the statute to quote to stop the foreclose and get the rest of the wrongful foreclosure suit heard as it gets into court. Can someone guide me in the right direction on this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
Your best bet in this action is to hire a local attorney to represent you: You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as;; or (I personally find to be the most user friendly).However, if you wish to pursue this yourself (without an attorney), I can offer you a couple of really good resources to get you started and help you format your strategy.For a good overview of general defenses to foreclosure actions: for a helpful step by step guide with some forms to help you get started, see: your local law library and reviewing books called "Practice Guides" will give you a lot of insight in how to approach these cases (these are books that attorneys use when researching and preparing for cases, and they have strategy considerations as well as case law and statutory authorities, and often will have templates or forms for you to use).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.....I have the format down I just need the statutes to compare the notice I got and the what the proper notice looks like.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also the deposit is all I pay for based on the response correct?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 2 years ago.
For your account, you will need to contact our customer service (we do not have access to billing, etc.) from our side.

Related Real Estate Law Questions