Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My sister is selling my mother and fathers house, she needs

Customer Question

my sister is selling my mother and fathers house, she needs money to invest to make property worth more then just what is owed on it, after house is sold I would get all my investment back and we would split the profit. I would like this in writing. Is that something that can be done, what need to be done legally?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!
What you want in this situation to protect you are two documents: i) a promissory note setting forth the terms of repayment...i.e., that repayment will be made upon the earlier of some date or the sale...and interest if any; and ii) a deed of trust giving you a lien on the property to secure the payment of the loan. If you need templates of these documents, I can provide these for you through the Additional Services option offered by JustAnswer. If that would be helpful, let me know and I'll extend that offer and you can then decide whether or not to accept. Fair enough?
Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!