Real Estate Law

Have real estate law questions? Ask a real estate lawyer.

I am living with my girlfriends brother past 5 years.

Customer Question
I am living with my...
I am living with my girlfriends brother for the past 5 years. I do not have a contract with him. I just rented a townhouse and now he is getting very ugly. I pay 1200 a month for a small place in the basement that does not include kitchen rights. I cut the grass for him and his mother next store for free using my own lawn mower. He now claims I broke his riding lawn mower, which I didn't. He said I have to buy him a new riding lawn mower and fix the place that I park my vehicles which is dirt. He wants me to completely put dirt and grass down when there wasn't any there when I arrived. He said he's going to sue me. I live in Maryland. Can he do that?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Real Estate Law
5/26/2015
Real Estate Lawyer: Tina, Lawyer replied 3 years ago
Tina, Lawyer
Hello and welcome.
My name is ***** ***** my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:
Does your girlfriend's brother have any evidence that you broke his mower?
I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.
Tina, Lawyer